Thursday, November 3, 2011

Called to Serve!

Kumusta!
  I got my mission call on June 21, 2011 and I've been waiting for a long, slow 6 months. I was called to the Philippines Iloilo Mission and get to speak Tagalog. The missions only 15 months old, so it's pretty new. I originally wanted to go to Africa, but i would've never guessed the Lord would want me in the Philippines.When I found out I was going to Iloilo, I pronounced it (ill-oil-o) and I thought, where the heck is that? and I've never even heard of that language...i felt like Elder Groberg in "The Other Side of Heaven." My mom was so ecstatic she couldn't even contain herself and she called like everybody we knew. And started looking up the Philippines and anything to do with them!! I soon learned it was (eelo-eelo). I am so excited to go. I report to the Provo MTC on November 9th!!!! I have already been learning the language and it's a lot of fun :) I have come to know that a mission is where I should be and where all men 19-25 should be. The Lord needs missionaries to build His kingdom and we should be honored that He asks us to help. We are the tools in His hands.
  I wanna say Salamat to all those who helped and supported me. I couldn't have done this without you. All the work and support I've felt has been unbelievable. I ask God to bless you for your support and I know He will. I'm so thankful to all of you. I also wanna thank Preston Bahr for helping me create a profile on here and make it look so awesome. Salamat Elder Bahr! I'll see you all in two years and I hope to hear from some of you in letters or email.  

          

No comments:

Post a Comment