Saturday, November 12, 2011

Kumusta

Kumusta,
Well, This is pretty much my first week done at the MTC. Things are going pretty good, i enjoy the language and my companion is pretty cool. He's Elder Schrader and my roomies are pretty cool too. They are Elder Dixon and Elder Linell they're are going to the Pilippines also. But, Im the only one going to the Iloilo in my room, there is surprisingly a lot of people going to the Pilippines, more than i expcted. The MTC is pretty exciting and i got to say my first companion prayer in Tagalog as well as personal prayer. It a totally unreal experience just speaking another language. Me and Schrader also taught our first "investigator" and that was really, really hard. Cause it pretty much all went over my head thankfully Elder Schrader understood things I didnt and so that helped. It's been crazy though cause in class we hardly even speak English ecspeacially on the first day, but now im actually starting to understand things and Im amazed at how much im beginning to understand and alos how much i have left to learn. They move really fast in here though, so that's kinda crazy. The schedule was one of the hardest parts i think, but thankfully since I'm asking the lord for help, I'm adjusting pretty quick. It's an interesting experience living with 6 other people in a small confined space, espeacially when theres only 4 closetes but, it's cool and not that hard. I also speak the language as much as i can and that's fun too. We teach the "investigator" again today but, this time I'm better prepared to take the lesson on. Her name is Michelle Noma. So, it's been an interesting experience but fun and motivating. It's definatley unreal to speak another language though, just mkaes me feel so defenseless when i dont understand. Well, gotta go.
Ingat,
Elder Johnson



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you're enjoying things in the MTC! Continue to have faith and everything will be wonderful! I'm so impressed with your desire and eagerness to learn the language too! Keep it up Elder!
    Love, Aunt Sally

    ReplyDelete