Friday, January 6, 2012

Kumusta!!!

    TATLO PANG MGA ARAW!!!
     Im sooooo excited!! I cant wait...Yesterday was very eventful and the day was very fun our teacher traded ties with us and hes got sweet ties so that was cool :) i got a pretty sweet one that was worn a lot by him in the Philippines, and he told us all sorts of stories from his mission. That was cool too. Then we passed on some traditions to our favorite district and that was cool. So, it was a very fun and eventful day. I'm so excited for monday though dahil i just get to leave here and really see how i can do in the real world. My teacher Bro. Lacanienta said "As soon as you hit the Philippines, be Filippino" and i definately plan on that. I hope listen, imatate, speak, and eat all they do. I really hope to serve them with all my heart and i really hope i can keep up everything i've learned here. But, i know i probably wont speak Tagalog...but Ilicano...so that'll be interesting, but the lord had helped me learn and understand a language in 9 weeks so im sure he'll help me ou there in the field to learn how ever many different languages he needs me too. I just hope i can keep the faith.
  So today is in field orientation all day pretty much and so during meals we have like two hour breaks to do some things we want to, and he said if we have P-Day normally on this day we can write or email and since we do, thats what we're doing. I met a Filippino in the wrap line today and that was cool, im just getting so excited to get out there and really put everything ive learned to the test and remember it all. So i found out you can do normal mail for the Philippines, but you might have to have an international stamp like a 98 cent stamp, or if you want you can just email me and that works too. So, its your preference im pretty sure we can still get dear elders, so mail is pretty much the same, but it will just take longer. Ill give you all my address in the field next week when i actually know lol. Well,  anyway it's been fun and i actually will miss this place because it's become my home for 2 months. But, im so excited for the field and to really start teaching. The Philippines has beaten Braziel with Baptisms, however retention rate isnt that good, but im still excited to go there.
I also met an teacher form Porto Legre Brazil where my mom served (sorry of i spelled that wrong) but so i thought that was cool :). Anyway, its been nice and im super excited. Next time i talk ill be in Philippines.
   Ingat po,  
   Elder Johnson



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment